Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Reflection on Chapter 1

Before I started university, I was lucky enough to be at an high school that tried to teach me all kinds of literacy skills we studied in Chapter 1. Our teachers made us learn what they were trying to teach by making us use all those literacy skills. However, I wasn't feeling competent at all of them when I started university to study English teaching but now I feel that I am. For example, before I started university, I wasn't competent in visual literacy but after I started university, I learned it because I needed it. 

In my opinion, all the teachers should be competent in al those skills we discussed because they need to be able to teach to everyone. If one of the skills is missing, for example, nobody can guarantee them that their students won’t need that certain skill to learn. Also, teachers should always try to renew themselves because the world is always changing and the teachers should learn the literacy skills of the current time.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Soner. I have read your post and the only thing I can do is to agree with you on your opinions about in which skills teachers should be competent. I definitely agree with you. Such knowledge and quality provides teachers with versatility that could be a good deal of help in various settings and situations. (assuming that being up-to-date is a part of the process of being versatile too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Soner. I have just read your post. In my opinion, you are really lucky to learn literacy skills at an high school and I totally agree with your opinions about teachers should be competent in all those skills. It is very important because well-equipped teacher can be more helpful and more effective on their students.

    ReplyDelete